Friday night I also managed to get the downstairs portion of our house clean. And this was all before Lynde came over to hang out and after a full days work.
Saturday was a lazy day for us. We slept in some, then Cameron headed to his office for homework and games. I really slacked this year on getting the Halloween decorations out and with Halloween only being a week away at the time, I decided it would just be easier to decorate the house for Fall. To my surprise, we don’t own any fall décor except a small Scarecrow. This would not due, so Saturday I drove around town to some of my favorite stores to see what kind of deals they had on Fall Décor. To my luck, Joann’s was having a huge sale on all Fall and Halloween items to make way for Christmas. I came across some major finds, like these ceramic pumpkins that were 60% off!
I also picked up some real pumpkins for carving as well as for decoration. To my dismay, no one was selling any white pumpkins, which are my favorite. I also learned that my Target does not have a garden center, so while they were selling Pumpkin carving kits, they were not selling pumpkins to use said kits on!
From there, I got into the cooking spirit. I had picked up an acorn squash last time we were up at Vicki’s and was in need of cooking it. I found this recipe for Acorn Squash bisque in Everyday Food, a Martha Stewart publication and decided to try it in hopes I would find a way for Cameron to enjoy the squash (he doesn’t like it baked in the oven with butter and brown sugar). While I really do like the Bisque, Cameron unfortunately does not. He did give it a try. Luckily I made chicken, green beans and sautéed mushrooms for dinner as well, more recipes from the Everyday Food November issue that I had picked up that day.
Sunday was BBQ time so we headed to Pat & Kim’s, even though Cameron organized the whole thing. Our friends Christina & Jeff knew about the BBQ at Pat & Kim’s before Pat & Kim! Then Cameron didn’t spread the word enough, but as our circle of friends goes, word got out. So when Jeremy & Alyssa showed up to Cameron’s surprise, Cameron joked “Who invited people to my BBQ?” It was the joke of the day until Cameron discovered that 3 year olds don’t yet grasp the idea of sarcasm. The boys were glued to the TV, their blackberries and laptops that day for Football so the girls and I decided to do a little shopping to get out a little bit and not fall asleep. We left Kim & Pat’s daughter Kaley to watch over the boys. When she asked where we all went, Cameron made the mistake of telling her we didn’t like her so we left her to go shopping. I can only image how quickly Kaley’s face fell. Cameron had meant to say they liked her better and that was why she didn’t go with us to the store. Cameron made it up to her by leaving the football game and letting Kaley show him some of her toys and Baby Paige’s room. We’re all looking forward to the arrival of Kim & Pat’s second daughter this Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.