On with the soundtrack. The first song selected was the song that would play while our wedding party was introduced. This song was Me & My Gang by Rascal Flats.
The next song played was played on piano by my dad as Cameron and I danced for the first time as husband and wife. The song was John Michael Montgomery’s I Swear.
For the Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance, Carly Simon was singing a version of You are My Sunshine. This song held special meaning for my dad and I. When I was little, my dad would buckle me into the kiddie seat on the back of his bike and we would bike out into the orchards near our house to visit a farm that had Lamas. Amazingly, in all those trips out there, we never did get spit on. Any how, on our way there and back, my dad would sing You are My Sunshine to me over and over again at my begging requests.
The next song played was for the Wedding Party dance and their dates. The song we chose for this was Kenny Chesney’s Don’t Blink.
All the “official” dances were followed by the following playlist. While some of the songs hold some kind of meaning behind, it would make this post twice as long and then other songs, Cameron put in here only because we like them or they are good party songs.
Hella Good – No Doubt
Get this Party Started – Pink
How Forever Feels – Kenny Chesney
Swingin’ – John Anderson
Cotton Eye Joe – Rednex
(Everything I Do) I Do It for You – Bryan Adams
I Want You – Savage Garden
White Wedding Part 1 – Billy Idol
Boombastic – Shaggy
Wild, Wild West – The Escape Club
Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It – Will Smith
Mo Money, Mo Problems – The Notorious B.I.G.
If you Get There Before I Do – Collin Ray
Livin’ on A Prayer – Bon JOvi
Cradle of Love – Billy Idol
A Techno Mix of ACDC, Nirvana, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi and Guns n Roses
Pour Some Sugar on Me – Def Leppard
Life is a Highway – Rascal Flats
Love a Little Stronger – Diamond Rio
Truly Madly Deeply – Savage Garden
Twist & Shout – The Beatles
Surfing USA – Beach Boys
Zoot Suit Riot – Cherry Poppin’ Daddies
One Week – Bare Naked Ladies
Tubthumping – Chumawamba
Love Shack – B52s
Summertime Blues – Alan Jackson
Kokomo – Beach Boys
Somethings Gotta Give – LeAnn Rimes
Chattahoochee – Alan Jackson
Can I get a… - Jay-Z
Ghetto Supastar – Wyclef Jean
Earth Angel – The Penguins
AM Radio – Everclear
Daisy Dukes – 2 Live Crew
Pump It – Black Eyed Peas
Pony – Genuwine
Nothing Bout Love Makes Sense – LeAnn Rimes
And that was our reception’s soundtrack. Hope you enjoyed most of the music if you made it!
Love Always,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.