My last post mentioned my Wedding Day make-up consultation at The Powder Room Beauty Bar. I wanted to go into more detail at the time about this gem of a store, but knowing how long my last post was becoming, thought I would save it for my next.
The lady I met with for the consultation is named Ashley. She is also the owner of the store. What I love is that she’s in-tune with what my generation wants and needs from make-up, but can meet the needs of other generations as well - her store is one of my mom’s favorites as well. It does help that she’s my age – turns out she graduated from high school the same year as I did, just up the road from Chico in Paradise. She’s had the store in its current downtown Chico location for about a year and half now and any chance I get I try to go in to see what new line or product she has in. She carries such lines as Bare Essentials, Cargo and Urban Decay and there always seems to be something new. Plus, the shop is decorated super cute. I forgot my camera this time around but I’ll be sure to get a picture of it in the future.
It’s always nice to go in and visit as Ashley and her staff are always super friendly, allowing you to browse as you wish and there to answer any questions you have when you have them. It’s stores like The Powder Room that keep Chico charming and give it that small-town feel and why I love my hometown. It also makes me feel better about spending my hard-earned money on such indulgences when I can, because I know Ashley and her staff are just as hard-working and with how hard they work, deserve my money versus some standard department store make-up counter.
Ashley also does an amazing job when giving you a make over – she’s not pushy in any way and really listens to what you want. I told her for my wedding day I was as natural a look as I can get that will still stand-out for great pictures. To say she met this request perfectly is an understatement – she went above and beyond and I love it! We even went so far as to try out false eyelashes on me! I wish my eyelashes looked that full every day and the even better part is you have to really look to know they’re fake. Ashley uses individual lashes versus the traditional lashes on a strip. They glue on and are much more difficult to put on (another reason she’s doing my wedding day make-up) but it’s so worth it when it’s not overly noticeable and adds just the right pizzazz.
For any one with some time to spend when visiting for the wedding, I highly suggest checking out this cute little boutique, not to mention the rest of the unique shops downtown Chico has to offer. Check out this website out for more info about Downtown Chico.
Love always,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.