![]() |
| Dinner at the Tournament of Kings |
![]() |
| We were seating in the "Ireland" Section |
Our last night in Vegas was Christmas Eve and Cameron had made reservations for us to have dinner at a steakhouse in NYNY. He kept saying this would be a great place to stage the "proposal" picture.
![]() |
| The dinner at the Tournament of Kings was actually, surprisingly, delicious! It is a massed cooked meal after call. |
![]() |
| We stopped and watched the Lions at MGM Grand while shoe shopping on Christmas Eve |
![]() |
| I just stayed there for my girls weekend - sadly the lions are no longer there |
![]() |
| I'm sure they are happy to be living at a sanctuary in Vegas full time now |
![]() |
| I recently heard that they never "lived" at the MGM but were shuttled in each morning and out back to the sanctuary each night. |
Except I didn't have shoes. Christmas Eve morning, Cameron had scheduled an hour-long massage for me as well as a manicure and pedicure. After that, we spent the day looking for shoes to go with the dress, which we found in the first shop we stopped at - I would drag Cameron to several more before going back and making the purchase.
![]() |
| We stopped and took this picture at the Luxor when we went to NYNY to make our dinner reservations the day prior. |
![]() |
| First Picture |
![]() |
| Second picture - totally in shock there |
Why don't we make it official? (I'm sorry honey, but I have to throw that in there!)
![]() |
| And third picture - so glad the waiter took this one as well. I think this is where I finally remembered to say yes. |
I know this is the most unromantic line of asking a woman to marry you but I laugh and smile every time I think about it because it is so us. When it comes to expressing our emotions through words, Cameron and I both aren't exactly the best. We show how much we love each other by our actions more than words. We don't even say I love you to each other every day - hugs and kisses are more important to us. It's just how we work.
I was in total and utter shock when I saw that ring - the whole way over from the hotel room I had very much talked myself out of the idea of Cameron proposing. I was speechless too. I think I finally squeaked out a yes, once I stopped hyperventilating.
The best part - we had our waiter fooled for a moment. He thought my reaction was fake for the picture. It took a couple behind him to clue him in and then he went and got us some complimentary glasses of champagne along with our wine! Once I calmed down and we sat back down, Cameron informed me that my dad was very much eager for a phone call, he was sure, and explained when and how he asked my dad for my hand. Which makes me realize I broke my own rule in not asking if he had even asked my dad before saying yes. It was in the back of my head though - I was just about to ask if Cameron had asked my dad when he mentioned this.
But I figured Cameron had asked too, given my insistence on it. And we hope this is one way our own daughters will be old fashioned when their time comes (many, many years from now!) - Cameron even wants me to drive in this message to the girls as they grow up. And I will.
There were definitely some tears that night when I made my call home, but they were joyous and happy as every one was quite excited.
We finished the night off seeing Blue Man Group and I felt as if I was floating on air - I definitely was glowing.
![]() |
| Glowing through a delicious dinner |













Lovely story.. nice how he pampered you before the big question.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary
ReplyDeleteخدماتنا متميزة عن غيرنا في مجال التسريبات سربات المياه والعوزال وحل بطرق سليمة دون التدمير فعندنا في شركة ركن البيت افضل يوجد افضل الفنين الممتزين في مجال التسربات والكشف عنها بدون اي مشاكل من خلال الطاقم التي تم تدريبه في شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام فتعاملك معنا ستحصل علي خدمات متميزة
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بجدة
شركة كشف تسربات بجدة
شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات بالدمام
شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
كشف تسربات المياه