One day while sitting and watching the girls' swim lessons, I got bored. Sorry, I can only watch swim lessons so many hours before I need a little more entertainment. This was during the time I was planning out the Disneyland 30-day countdown, so I turned to Pinterest. When I searched for something like Disneyland or Disney, I noticed several Pins that had facts about Disneyland - some of which were not only interesting and intriguing but not known to me yet. After spewing some of the gems to Cameron, he suggested we create a Scavenger Hunt for our trip. And when I suggested it to our friends that were also going on the trip, they were all in (though they have yet to submit their pictures for it!).
I provided the Scavenger Hunt questions to everyone in advance and you could research the answers before you left - but the deal was that you had to take photographic evidence of it once you were at Disneyland.
Here is my scavenger hunt and the photographic evidence of what we could find. We couldn't find it all and we tried. All answers are in Disneyland - there is no crossover with California Adventure except for the Hidden Mickeys. This also added to some of the best pictures of our trip too! And next trip, I plan to complete it!
1. Find 5 Hidden Mickeys
|Look closely at the Red dot|
Main Street, USA
4. Find the bench Walt Disney was sitting on when he dreamed up Disneyland
6. Find the Red & White light bulb
7. Steve Martin used to work here.
8. Find the “Sample” wall
Adventureland (This land has the most interesting tidbits out there - I had to pare down the list I had created in the end)
9. What happens when you pull the rope?
10. Who are the two characters not from Tarzan in Tarzan’s treehouse
11. Touch the Pole. What happens? (Child-friendly photos only!)
12. Find a Hidden Eeyore Sign
13. What airport services The Temple of the Forbidden Eye
14. Find the Little Man of Disneyland’s Front Door
New Orleans Square
15. Visit the Pet Cemetery at The Haunted Mansion
16. Find the number 33
17. The Belle that connects Frontierland, Adventureland and New Orleans Square
18. Where can you always dine under the stars?
19. How many animals hold the Critter Country sign?
20. Find the letter on the Splash Mountain sign with a paw print
21. Take a hidden path and snap a shot in front of Splash Mountain
22. Find Max, Buff and Melvin
25. Find the one doll in “It’s a Small World” that isn’t smiling
26. What happens when you touch the Brass Apple?
27. Find a gold spike in the ground
28. What is the phrase around the compass?
Tomorrowland (This was the toughest land to find questions for!)
31. What is the only ride in Tomorrowland that was there on Opening Day?