May 8, 2015

Countdown to Kindergarten


It's hard to believe, but London turns 5 in just over a month. And we have begun the countdown to when she starts Kindergarten - 102 days to go! 



London knows she'll be attending a new school and get to ride the school bus to get there. Right now I'd say she's in between excited and neutral about the change. Cameron and I are beyond thrilled - mainly because we can't wait for the lower daycare bill! We are looking forward to her making new friends as well, as we will make the effort to get to know the parents, etc since she will likely be in class with these kids all the way through high school barring any moves on ours (we're not planning to move, trust me) or their parts. 



And I know that when the day gets close, and after it arrives, we'll probably have a month of adjustment emotions to deal with. London is all for change until it actually happens and then she gets a little unruly. I'm hoping age and maturity help to make the transition better than the last time she switched schools/moved to a new house. 


One thing I know London will be excited about is getting to bring a lunch to school (she will go to a full day of Kindergarten, yippee!). How do I know this? Because she was over the moon when her daycare class to a field trip at the end of April and she needed to bring a sack lunch. 


London even picked out the lunchbox that she wanted to take - one with all the Disney Princesses on it (only because she couldn't find her Frozen lunch box). The only reason we have these is because they have shown up as gifts. The girls play with them often to cart toys from room to room. I had originally planned on using my old work lunch box, but I liked London's idea better. 


And I had fun making her first ever lunch. I made her a turkey and cheese sandwich, packed in some raisins, apple slices, regular fishy crackers and graham cracker fishy crackers. I know it was over kill but I wanted to make it special for her. 


London reported back that the field trip was fun, learning the difference between a hen and rooster - though she still has a hard time understanding that both are chickens. She also came home with a nylon stuffed with seeds and shaped like a caterpillar (googly eyes and all) that if watered would grow grass. It's up in our window now growing away which thrills London every other day or so. 


Her teacher was kind enough to burn a disc for parents with pictures to be sent home that day as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment