Dec 5, 2014

Sydney's Big Girl Bed

 
I was able to grab a picture of the finish line just before I crossed it. Over 30,000 people participated in the 5 & 10Ks that morning and over $900,000 was raised for the Sacramento Food Bank and Family Services

Apparently, we don't actually know how to relax. Thanksgiving was exactly spent lounging around the house in our sweatpants all day. Don't get me wrong, the girls never got out of their PJs, and Cameron and I spent the day in sweats, but we weren't exactly sitting around. 
Waiting for the race to start.

Of course, I started the day out with my run. I expected it to be cold, so I came prepared with gloves, ear muffs and a jacket over my long sleeved shirt. By the time I got to Sac State and parked, I decided I really didn't need the gloves. Before the race started, my jacket was off and tied around my waste. After the first mile the ear muffs were off. And by the 5th mile, I kinda wished I was wearing capris instead of pants! Not that I am complaining. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. I just wish the forecast had been a bit more accurate. 

Just after the finish line

And I finally got a mimosa, back at home













And while I passed on several opportunities along the run to grab a Mimosa being handed out by the people that live in the neighborhoods we were running through, I did pour myself one as soon as I got home. And I should have relaxed. Instead I got to work disassembling Sydney's crib. We'd decided that Thanksgiving was the day to set up Sydney's new big girl bed. 


Green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and marinated brussels sprouts. This was only about half of what we had food-wise. Missing is the mashed potatoes, gravy, two types of stuffing, mashed sweet potatoes, dinner rolls and pumpkin pies! And yes, it was just the 4 of us.



We figured a long weekend would be best, in case she had a hard time adjusting to the change. What we didn't take into account was that we would need to stop the assembly of the bed midway through to attend to our Thanksgiving dinner. Which meant Sydney didn't have a bed to nap in afterward. We tried to put the girls down for a nap together in London's bed, but that failed miserably. 


We did get the bed put together, minus the drawers that go underneath it, in time for an early bed time. Sydney was so tired, she had no issues crawling into her new bed. She didn't even have an issue with me taking down her crib. Basically, she's never looked back and is loving her new big girl bed. I got the drawers built in under a 1/2 hour a few days later, so it's put together completely now. 


1 comment:

  1. that is awesome.. my son did not take he transition well.. in fact to years later and he is still not sleeping in his big boy bed..

    ReplyDelete