Nov 25, 2014

Stick a Fork in it, Sydney's stocking is DONE!


This coming Christmas will be Sydney's 3rd, but her first with her official stocking. I've been working on it since she was a month old. And I was afraid I might not finish it in time for this year's Christmas, which had been my goal. London's 3rd Christmas was also her first Christmas with an official stocking, another Cross-stitch labor of love, that I will have to show in comparison to this one soon (I just need to dig it out of storage, which will happen this weekend!)

I actually completed all the stitching back on the 13th (and celebrated with champagne!) but wasn't able to get to JoAnn's until this weekend to get the backing fabric. It took about an hour to put it all together once the fabric was washed, dried and ironed. 



And guess what?! I'm not done with my cross-stitch stockings. While we are done with kids, Cameron and I picked out designs for our own stockings. I'll be starting his in 2015. Hopefully I get around to mine in 2017! But now it's time to focus on Christmas crafts, cards and gifts. Plus, I have a new toy to play with. Cameron got me a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas - but gave it to me early so I could use it this holiday season!

It's going to come in handy in helping me accomplish my craft goal of 2015 - completing London's Baby book!


No comments:

Post a Comment