Aug 7, 2014

The Sunflower & Butterfly

London received a very special gift for her 4th birthday from my mom. Since my mom's retirement from nursing, she has pursued her passion in art, first in watercolor and now she is expanding into acrylic. 

London already had a beautiful watercolor monarch butterfly in her room from my mom. For her birthday, my mom created a picture based off all the colors in London's room, resulting in this beautiful Acrylic Sunflower and Butterfly. Isn't it beautiful.

It took me quite a while to get the picture up in her room - we had it placed up in our family room after London opened it and we were enjoying it there. I finally allowed it to find its home in her room when I was putting up the message center above London's new desk.

My mom has also had some of her paintings professionally photographed so that she can make prints of them. I am now a proud owner of one of her other acrylics - the day that one arrived, it went up in our kitchen immediately. But you'll have to stay tuned to see it along with the kitchen message center completed.

1 comment: