The carrot cake recipe is adapted off one I found on the Six Sisters' Stuff blog. The frosting recipe is exactly theirs, so you can go to their site to get it. It's easy and delicious! Here's the recipe I use now:
- 1 ¼ cups canola/vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups carrots ( grated )
- 1 can of crushed pineapple ( do not drain – it makes the cake nice and moist )
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup coconut ( shredded )
- ½ cup regular Raisins
- ½ cup Golden Raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
In a large mixing bowl cream together oil, sugar, and eggs. Then add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended. Pour into 2 greased 8" round cake pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Let cool in pan 10-15 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.
Note: For cupcakes, it takes 15-20 minutes for baking. At the same time, remember ovens are all different, especially ours as it is propane. My trick to baking and not drying out cakes and cupcakes it to check early and often. Take out when it is just barely done - the 10-15 minutes it needs to cool in the pan will complete the baking process.
I got the basic recipe for the popcorn here.
London's Birthday Popcorn
- 4 Cups Popped Popcorn
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup or honey
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1/2 a bag of M&Ms - I used pastel colors that you can buy at Easter.
- Cupcake sprinkles
1. Pop popcorn until done, remove any unpopped kernels.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
3. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and marshmallows.
4. Turn heat to medium and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
5. Pour over popcorn and stir in until popcorn is evenly coated.
6. Add M&Ms and Sprinkles
7. Store in an airtight container.
I've tweaked this pasta salad recipe for several years now. It's just about perfect now.
Summertime Pasta Salad
- 1-2 containers of 10 oz Cheery Tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ - 2 boxes of 13.25 oz Pasta, cooked, drained and cooled (I prefer Barilla Rotini)
- ¼ cup chopped Parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped Fresh Basil
- 6 Scallions, sliced
- 1-2 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 stalks Celery, chopped
- 6 oz Feta Cheese
- 6.5 oz jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed, cut in half length-wise
- 1/2 cup Veggie Oil
- 1/2cup Olive Oil
- 6 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Dried Thyme
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ¼ tsp Dried Basil
- ½ Celery Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
Mix all pasta Ingredients together in a large bowl, except the artichoke hearts. Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl , mixing well. Pour over and mix into pasta mixture and refrigerate overnight. Mix in the artichoke hearts just prior to serving.