Apr 5, 2013

Easter


For yet another year, Cameron and I have managed to pull off our annual tradition of making home-made, whole-wheat crusted Pizza for Easter dinner. We have been doing this since we got married and we really hope to continue the tradition for years to come.  I also tried a new recipe for the crust, which I really liked as I was able to yield 4 thin crusts from 1 1/2 of the recipe. Plus is rose quite nicely which has been an issue for me in years past. The only thing I did learn is to bake the crust for 5 minutes before adding in the toppings. We also think we will cut up the fresh ingredients we want on the pizzas in the morning next year, so that they have had a chance to dry out some before being cooked as they yielded a bit of water and made one pizza in particular a bit soggy. 

The last pizza I made was my favorite - I ran out of crust last year before I had made it so I was bound and determined not to miss it this year. My favorite has pepperoni, shredded mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, basil and red onion on it. Delicious I tell you.


While I was more on the ball this year on purchasing the needs for the girls' Easter Baskets than I have been in the past (I purchased almost all of it at Michael's weeks ago) I was not on the ball when it came to assembling them and having the baskets out first thing Easter morning. So the Easter Bunny paid us a visit while London was napping. 

Each girl received a beach ball and cute new rubber duck from the Easter Bunny. Then Sydney received a soft lamb (last minute Raley's purchase that morning!) and some purple bunny ears. London's basket had a gardening theme, which included gardening gloves, matching hat, some fun sunglasses, shovel and rake. When we go purchase our garden plants for this year's summer vegetable garden, we will let London pick out a plant or two to plant in her own container. She loved all the items and couldn't wait to get out side to test out her new tools.  Notice there was no candy in the baskets - we really do our best to keep London away from candy as she reacts so strongly to it. We still feel she is a bit young for so much sugar any how. Plus, she had plenty of sugar the day before at her cousin Eli's 1st Birthday party (as did we!).















We didn't forget about Sydney. Here she is opening her Easter Basket and testing out the bunny ears. We purchased the "My First Easter" Onsie from Target last year when it was on Clearance when we knew we were pregnant but didn't know if we were expecting a girl or boy. And for once, I made sure she wore the correct outfit on the correct day : ).

Of course, London couldn't resist the bunny ear either!

1 comment:

  1. oh so cute.. I love the ears and the sunglasses and that pizza looks so cheesy good.

    ReplyDelete