Jan 3, 2013

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!


We had a wonderful holiday season catching up with family and friends as well introducing little Sydney to many of them. But now it’s time to get back on track in more ways than one.
To start, I am back to work both mentally and physically. I was able to work from home through the holidays but I have to say I am glad to be headed back into the office and establishing a more consistent schedule for our family.

Sydney started daycare mid-December. Between that and the change back to Gerber Good Start she is a different, non-fussy, wonderful baby. She actually comes home pretty tuckered out from daycare, which makes getting dinner on the table much easier.
Cameron and I are also working on getting back into meal-planning for the week, which results in us eating healthier meals. We both have some weight left over from the pregnancy that we would like to lose. We started the process over the holidays but not with as much focus as we now have.

I will also start my running routine on Saturday when SacFit starts up again. I’m not sure if I will be ready to run a half-marathon in 16 weeks but we’ll see. I’m hoping my body bounces back into running more quickly than I'm expecting it will. There’s gotta be some muscle memory in there, right?

I’m not sure how I feel about resolutions this year. My resolutions for 2012 went out the window and were revised when we found out we were having Sydney. Right now, with our home, I would like to focus on Cameron’s and my bedroom and bathroom, given we have been in the house for 3 years and the only finished rooms belong to the girls. We’ll see how I stick with it, though it does help that we have a paint color picked for the house. Maybe I will at least get our room painted. I have already purchased a new comforter set for our bed, so that’s a start.

We also want to finish the hallway downstairs that was created when we enclosed Cameron’s office. The outside walls into the hallway still need to be taped, spackled, textured and painted. Then baseboard can be added. Once this is done I can start thinking about how to decorate it to suit our functional needs without cluttering it up at the same time.

The only other things I want to work on is the large wall up in the loft and Sydney’s Christmas stocking. The wall I want to paint olive green and make the family picture wall. I have several shadowbox frames to create to add to this wall. And obviously it would be nice to have Sydney’s stocking ready for Christmas. Only time will tell how much if any of this gets done this year.

Mainly I want to focus on enjoying my girls, husband, dog and cats. Running and being healthy come in a close second. Anything else would just be icing on the cake. Stay tuned to see how 2013 plays out for us.

Oh, and I have some reveal blog posts coming up to showcase both London and Sydney’s completed bedrooms.

~ Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment