Jan 25, 2013

1st Annual Girls with Kids Weekend


A few years ago I was invited to a "Girls" Weekend up in Tahoe with my friend Emily and all her lovely gal pals. We had a fabulous time and wanted to do it again, but life seemed to get in the way. Suddenly we were all having kids. Of course, when ever we talked about that weekend, we all kept saying we should do it again. And finally someone suggested we bring the kids with us. So last weekend, I took off Friday and packed London & Sydney into the Tahoe. I don't think I could have put more in the car. 

I met Emily and her son Elijah, along with her best friend Heather and her daughter Skylar in Auburn for lunch. After a nice lunch at Ikedas, we caravaned up to Tahoe. Sydney did rather well considering ears were popping left and right for me.

I wasn't the only one that packed up their car either. Once all the cars were unloaded we decided we could get snowed in for a month and not run out of food! Later that evening we were joined by Ashley, Emily's sister-in-law and niece, Abby.
In total, we had 4 adults and five kids ranging in age from 2 1/2 years to 3 months. Elijah is about 9 months, Skylar 13 months and Abby almost 2.
We had a great time over the weekend, lounging around and catching up and eating really good food. Unfortunately, all the kids were on different schedules so a trip to the snow park wasn't possible. Luckily, out back was enough of a hill to entertain London and Abby with some sledding. I definitely got a workout in just pushing London back up the hill only to go back down again.
We plan to make this an annual weekend for all of us and I am sure as the kids get older, the days will be more adventurous and coordinated. All the same, it was nice just sitting back and relaxing. But, by the time I got home Monday, I was exhausted. That last night, Sydney and London both woke up several times.
I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked of Sydney, though she lounged indoors almost the entire weekend, minus one walk in the stroller - which she slept through.
What was even better is I managed to get one on one time with each of the girls. It seems when I am at home there is always something to do that I can't just sit and enjoy the girls as much as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment