Sep 12, 2012

Baby Bump Wednesdays


How far along: 33 weeks

What Fruit or Vegetable size is Baby: Durian Fruit/Pineapple
Average Size: 17.2-18.7 inches, 4.2-5.8 lbs
What’s going on with Baby’s development: Sydney can recognize and react to simple songs and when she is awake, she is keeping her eyes open. Sydney also has the potential to grow a full inch this week and I swear there is no room for her to do so! Plus, I better drink a lot of milk right now as her bones are hardening. So that’s why her movements are so much stronger! The girl has hurt me a couple of times recently.
Total weight gain: 30 lbs.
Stretch marks: Just to old ones looking angry
Sleep: Same old, same old.
Best moment of this last week: Crossing several to dos off our lists, including Cameron’s desk moving into the new office!
Miss anything: Wine, Corona, running, spicy tuna rolls, being able to bend over easily
Movement: More and more.
Food cravings: My summertime pasta salad
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: Haven’t had any contractions in the last week. 6 weeks to go!
Belly button in or out: Out
Wedding rings on or off: Off
Mood most of the time: Going back and forth between tired and energized.
Looking forward to in the next week: The BBQ Baby Shower at Matt & Lynde’s on Saturday

We saw the doctor again yesterday. I gained 4 lbs so I made up for the month I didn’t gain anything. All is looking good and Sydney had a strong heartbeat when we listened in. I actually saw Dr. Gordon during the visit. She performed my last C-section and will perform this one as well. She did inform me we have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM on October 24. And we also went over my request for a stand-by shot of Demerol, as last time I shook pretty bad after the c-section. Dr. Gordon said she will note it in my chart but that this request is also best taken up with the anesthesiologist that morning, as they are more in charge of the drugs going into my system than she will be. All good information and things I will remember. Consider it my birth plan.

As the days go by, I am feeling Sydney more and more. She loves hanging out at the top of my belly and has jabbed me a few times to the point that she takes my breath away. I have a feeling she is going to be longer than London was, as I feel like she already has no room to grow in there and must be completely cramped. The next 6 weeks can’t go fast enough. My guess is they will go pretty fast as I’m very much keeping myself busy as much as I can.

I do have to force myself to slow down some of the time, though Cameron usually is on me about slowing down before I am. And I’m sure when my parents are here, they really will be on me to sit and relax.

~ Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment