Sep 26, 2012

Baby Bump Wednesdays: 35 Weeks


How far along: 35 weeks
What Fruit or Vegetable size is Baby: Honeydew Melon/Coconut - I must have been anticipating this as I ate a bag of dried young coconut meat last week!
Average Size: 17.2-18.7 inches, 4.2-5.8 lbs (I'll bet she is on the longer side)
What’s going on with Baby’s development: Sydney’s kidneys are now fully developed and her liver can process some waste products. From here on out she is mainly putting on weight and may grow a little longer. Sydney’s sense of hearing is also fully developed and could possibly respond to high-pitched noises.
Total weight gain: 34 lbs.
Stretch marks: While I am quite good at using the Bio Oil I now know I will not escape some new ones – there is just no more room to stretch and I can see a few new angry ones.
Sleep: Restless. Kinda getting used to it. It was nice to sleep in this weekend with my parents getting up with London for me.
Best moment of this last week: Taking London to Fairy Tale Town with my parents and watching her eat her first ice cream cone.
Miss anything: Alcoholic drinks, running, spicy tuna rolls, being able to bend over easily, not being pregnant, having my body be my own
Movement: Seems constant sometimes and quiet at other times
Food cravings: None right now - my mom is feeding me well
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: None. 4 weeks to go! Let the countdown begin! 28 days to go!
Belly button in or out: Out
Wedding rings on or off: Off
Mood most of the time: Going back and forth between tired and energized.
Looking forward to in the next week: Seeing my husband – I do miss him when he is gone. Although, having to share the bed with just Tulley has been nice. Also, getting London settled into her new room and big girl bed and getting the loft picked up and all things organized for Sydney's arrival. 

Sydney and I now get to see the doctor once a week, but when you look at it, that is only 3-4 appointments, depending if they want to see me the week of the c-section. We saw the doctor Monday, where I was told everything looked perfect and sounded perfect. We just have to continue like this to make it to the scheduled due date, which I can hardly wait for and at the same time do feel there is still a bit to do before then.

Having my parents here has been great. Though London would normally have been in day care yesterday during my appointment, it was an afternoon appointment and I would have had to run home to pick her up. Instead, she was already home with them, and I was able to run several errands to get lunch makings and dinner makings for the week, as well as some last little stuff for London’s new room, like a secondary window lock for the window, a baby gate to place outside her room so she doesn't wander when we are asleep, and a bed guard rail so she doesn’t hurt herself rolling out of her new big girl bed - not that she is much of a mover when she sleeps.

All of us were remarking how far along bed guard rails have come since my day. I still remember mine – it was a bronze color, metal one with two horizontal bars. Not that the metal ever bothered me. London’s is mesh and on a normal bed can be flipped down for easy entry and exit. Of course, I picked a bed for her that it doesn't quite work as well on, but its enough.

And having my mom here means I am eating quite well. That’s probably why I haven’t craved anything – one night she made a bruschetta mixture using some of the last tomatoes from our garden and the yummy garlic bread from Costco, which she melted fresh mozzarella on top of first; and another night she made pasta with the fresh tomatoes, a red onion and Alfredo sauce.

~ Sarah

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on being pregnant!

    www.thepinksmashbox.com

    ReplyDelete