Sep 19, 2012

Baby Bump Wednesday: 34 Weeks!


How far along: 34 weeks
What Fruit or Vegetable size is Baby: Cantaloupe/Butternut Squash
Average Size: 17.2-18.7 inches, 4.2-5.8 lbs
What’s going on with Baby’s development: Sydney’s central nervous system and lungs are maturing so she is even closer to being ready for life outside me! Supposedly, Sydney could decide to descend lower in my tummy around now so I might be able to breathe easier – that is not the case, yet at least! Sydney is a high-dweller playing in my ribs and hurting me sometimes when she makes sudden movements up there.
Total weight gain: 30 lbs.
Stretch marks: Cameron and I think there may be 1 new one. The whole tummy looks to be getting a bit angry these days.
Sleep: Restless – more crazy dreams and getting warmer each night, even as it is getting cooler outside. It also doesn’t help that Kelsey is seeking out this warmth and wakes me up when she walks on my side-belly!
Best moment of this last week: Enjoying the company of friends for an afternoon BBQ to celebrate Sydney’s pending arrival.
Miss anything: Wine, Corona, running, spicy tuna rolls, being able to bend over easily, not being pregnant
Movement: Oh yeah – and it hurts sometimes
Food cravings: None right now
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: None. 5 weeks to go! So close yet so far away!
Belly button in or out: Out
Wedding rings on or off: Off
Mood most of the time: Tired more often than not. Makes getting things done even harder.
Looking forward to in the next week: My mom and dad’s visit!
I’m hitting a wall and this does not bode well for me regarding all that still needs to get done! Cameron has restricted me to only a ½ hour to an hour of doing anything at all before he is ordering me to sit down.

We were thinking of asking work if I could work from home some more in October as we get closer, but given my nesting instinct being in overdrive we’ve decided it is actually better I get up and go so that I am forced to sit at my desk at work versus working in home to dos in between actual work. And with Cameron’s new job starting on the 8th we need to do everything we can to avoid an early arrival. My energy levels are so low I have been in bed by 8-8:30 several nights now.

Saturday was wonderful to see some of our friends, some of who we haven’t seen in quite a while, and they all brought little gifts along for Sydney. These will definitely help us out. While we don’t need much to prepare for her, there are a few things, and the help is always appreciated.

We all were a bit bummed that we won’t be holding our annual Halloween party this year due to Sydney’s arrival, but given Sydney is arriving right around the time we always hold it we’ll never skip it again. We figure we’ll have a kids’ party in the early afternoon and an adult party in the evenings. Syd will either love or hate Halloween. My guess is she will love it.

And while I am going to miss Cameron while he is away in Canada this next week, I am so excited to see my parents. We’re even pulling London out of daycare for the week so she can get spoiled and I am taking a day off to enjoy the time they are here before Syd arrives.

Plus, they are taking me up to Chico on Saturday so I can get my hair done one last time before she arrives. A girl’s gotta have her priorities, right? Hard to believe that when Cameron gets back and my mom leaves we’ll be just over 3 weeks out from her arrival.

As for my having to deal with Tulley while Cameron is away? Not sure how fun that will be. The dog is aching for hunting season and when she sees him packing up the truck with his gear tomorrow, boy am I going to get it when I get home from work without him!

~ Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment