Aug 28, 2012

London’s New Room Update

Jake supervised the entire process and was quick to test out the pillows even before London!
The decorative pillows for London’s new bed are done. I’m so glad I had energy all week to work on them in the evenings as I was able to finish them just after our Saturday nap. London’s gave the pillows her seal of approval:


After finishing the pillows I pretty much took the rest of the day off from crafts and London’s room. I think I was due for a break anyhow.



As for the dresser, we haven’t picked it up yet. We forgot that we are headed to Chico labor day weekend for visits with old friends and dove season opener. It just doesn’t make sense to go two weekends in a row, so we postponed the dresser pick-up. Good thing too, as Cameron came down with a nasty cold Wednesday night that he actually had to see a doctor for on Monday.

I have, however, come up with the paint design for the dresser and purchased the paints as well as the painting supplies.

Sunday was a shopping day for London’s room. We secured all the sheets and mattress pads, and the paints like I mentioned, plus I found a great lamp at Target that was just too perfect for her room as well. So all the “needs” for her room have been purchased or acquired, and after the dresser is painted, all the To Dos will be done, which means I get to move on to the “wish list” and “hope to dos”! Since most of those are small, I’ve actually already ordered for the London Letters project I have in mind.


This week I do want to get London’s nightstand painted, which shouldn’t be too hard. And I have a few other little things I can do to get ready for moving into her room, so I am not empty handed while I wait for the dresser.

Of course, September is almost here, which means I am also shifting my focus onto Sydney more and more. I have a few projects I want to accomplish for her room, as well as her stocking, but otherwise, my focus will involved prepping all of London’s old clothes and room and getting all the newborn gear out of storage and organized. I did start on her stocking Saturday night, finally! I wonder how far I will get by the end of September? My goal is to spend at least 3 nights a week for at least an hour on it. It doesn’t look like much yet but it definitely is fun to see if come together.


~ Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment