Aug 29, 2012

Baby Bump Wednesdays: 31 Weeks


How far along: 31 weeks
What Fruit or Vegetable size is Baby: Pineapple
Average Size: 15.2-16.7 inches, 2.5-3.8 lbs
What’s going on with Baby’s development: Sydney apparently is headed for a growth spurt – I’m not so sure she has much room for this and I fear the repercussions of a growth spurt. She can also turn her head from side to side and is fattening up even more for her debut. All five senses are working and Sydney is going through major brain and nerve development.
Total weight gain: 26 lbs. - no weight gain again
Stretch marks: Some old ones are getting a little angry looking. I am being diligent with the body oil. If I can only re-stretch old ones, I will be happy.
Sleep: The dreams have seemed to calm down a bit in the last week. The trips to the bathroom have increased along with the burning hips.
Best moment of this last week: Finishing the decorative pillows for London’s new room and getting a lot of the needs for her room purchased. All this meant I felt I could sit down Saturday night and start Sydney’s stocking!
Miss anything: Wine, Corona, running, spicy tuna rolls, being able to bend over easily
Movement: This girl is already ready to stretch out. I can feel her way up by my right lung at the same time she tickles my left hip! My guess is she will be like London and not like being swaddled. London always had to have at least one arm out of the blankets!
Food cravings: Enjoying lots of fresh tomatoes from the garden, chopped up with fresh mozzarella and soaked in olive oil and balsamic vinegar!
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: Have had a few contractions here and there but nothing to signal an early delivery date. 8 weeks to go!
Belly button in or out: out
Wedding rings on or off: Off
Happy or moody most of the time: Energetic – our house gets a little cleaner day by day, especially on the weekends. Cameron says I am already nesting.
Looking forward to in the next week: Getting further on all our projects, including Sydney’s stocking.

Whoopsy. I have been diligent enough with my eating since I failed my blood glucose test by 1 little point or level, that I haven't gained any weight in a month! Not that I see this as horrible. I just want to make sure Sydney is getting what she needs to grow big and healthy.

Luckily, at the appointment with the nurse midwife this morning, she said not to be too concerned. Sydney is measuring a little large any way - she's at 32 1/2 weeks while technically we are only at 31 weeks, so she is growing. I just may be losing weight which results in a no change in weight overall.

The good news is my blood glucose test that I took on Monday came back fine, so definitely no GD! Which means I don't have to watch myself as well. I'm celebrating with a bagel and jam. I'm sure with Sydney due for a growth spurt, I'll bee gaining some weight soon any way. The only other suggestion the nurse midwife had was to drink a little less water and replace it with juice to add some extra calories.

~ Sarah

~ Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment