Jul 18, 2012

Baby Bump Wednesdays: Weeks 23, 24 & 25

Ok, here are the last 3 weeks of Baby Updates:



How far along: 23 weeks

What Fruit or Vegetable size is Baby: Large Mango
Average Size: 11 inches, 1 lb
What’s going on with Baby’s development: Sydney’s sense of movement is well developed and her hearing is increasing – time to get Tulley barking and vacuuming so these sounds don’t phase her when she arrives.
Total weight gain: 13 lbs.
Stretch marks: Loving the Bio Oil as still no new ones – we’ll see what happens in the last month
Sleep: Same old, same old.
Best moment of this last week: Having a fun night out with Cameron and friends when we attending the Lambda Chi Alpha reunion and London using the toilet at home for the first time!
Miss anything: Wine, Corona, running, spicy tuna rolls
Movement: Definitely feeling Sydney more. Last night while watching a movie I felt her shift to one side of the belly – a pretty funny sight to see.
Food cravings: Sushi, nectarines
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: Nope.
Belly button in or out: working on that outtie, or the 3rd nipple as Cameron calls it
Wedding rings on or off: engagement ring only and luckily, still!
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy most of the time
Looking forward to in the next week: A quiet weekend at home for the first time in ages!



How far along: 24 weeks
What Fruit or Vegetable size is Baby: Ear of Corn or Cantaloupe
Average Size: 10.5 – 11.8 inches, 12.7-20.8 oz
What’s going on with Baby’s development: Sydney’s body is filling out proportionally although she is pretty lean these days and her brain is quickly growing as her taste buds continue to develop. Her lungs are developing the branches of the respiratory tree.
Total weight gain: 20 lbs. The doctor says I have little hope of not gaining 40 lbs. just like I did with London. Guess I’ll just have to focus on losing it once Sydney is here.
Stretch marks: Bio Oil Baby!
Sleep: Difficult this week thanks to a summer cold or allergies. I’ve been laid out for two days now.
Best moment of this last week: Celebrating our country’s independence with our neighbors setting off fireworks. We had 5 or 6 houses represented.
Miss anything: Wine, Corona, running, spicy tuna rolls
Movement: Definitely feeling Sydney more. And Cameron got to feel her kick for the first time last week as well. This was the first time we tried to get him to feel a kick and Sydney obliged. London would always stop kicking whenever Cameron had his hand on my belly.
Food cravings: nectarines, jelly beans
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: Nope.
Belly button in or out: It’s all the way out now.
Wedding rings on or off: Sadly, my engagement ring came off just after the 4th of July. I’m not swelling like I did with London, but I swelled enough to leave ring indentations on my finger one day so as soon as the swelling went down, the ring came off. So sad!
Happy or moody most of the time: Moody – this cold isn’t helping
Looking forward to in the next week: Feeling better!



How far along: 25 weeks
What Fruit or Vegetable size is Baby: Rutabaga/Cauliflower
Average Size: 13 ½ to 14 ½ inches, 1 ½- 2 ½ lbs
What’s going on with Baby’s development: Sydney is starting to add some baby fat to her body and if we could see her hair we would know what color it was. Sydney also has a sense of equilibrium, knowing which way is up and which way is down – that may explain the drastic movements I feel when I switch positions quickly!
Total weight gain: 20 lbs.
Stretch marks: Bio oil – need to get some more too as I’m down to my last few drops just as I am feeling bigger and bigger every day. Time to stay diligent on it.
Sleep: Beginning to feel the searing or burning hip pain when I haven’t moved in a while.
Best moment of this last week: Watching London and Evan play at Evan’s 2nd Birthday party.
Miss anything: Wine, Corona, running, spicy tuna rolls, being able to put shoes on without hurting my belly
Movement: More and more. I think she was moving a lot the other night as I had dreams about it.
Food cravings: Junk food unfortunately. Luckily we made a rule last week that we wouldn’t eat out for the rest of the month – and that includes lunches.
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: Nope.
Belly button in or out: out
Wedding rings on or off: no more rings – oh how I miss them! And oh how I feel like an unwed hussy when I’m out by myself, which is rarely ever, thankfully.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy now that I am feeling better
Looking forward to in the next week: Starting Sydney’s stocking!

~ Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment