Jul 25, 2012

Baby Bump Wednesdays: 26 Weeks


How far along: 26 weeks

What Fruit or Vegetable size is Baby: English Hothouse Cucumber/Lettuce
Average Size: 13.6 to 14.8 inches, 1.5 to 2.5 lbs
What’s going on with Baby’s development: Sydney’s ears’ nerve network is better developed so not only can she hear me, but she can probably hear her daddy and sister. Sydney also has eyelashes and her eyes are forming and will soon start to open.
Total weight gain: 20 lbs.
Stretch marks: Trying to be diligent with the oil to avoid any more than the ones I got from London, but when its bed time, all I want to do is fall into bed. Also, switched from Bio Oil to Palmer’s Skin Therapy oil, only because that was what the store had when I actually remembered I needed more. Darn pregnancy brain. I have to say it is working from what I can tell, though I like the smell of the bio oil much better.
Sleep: Considering I slept from 7:30 PM to 6 AM Monday to Tuesday, only waking up to Cameron coming to bed at midnight, that’s not bad. Still have pain in my hips here and there but it’s not consistent, yet.
Best moment of this last week: Completing London’s Disneyland “First Ears” frame
Miss anything: Wine, Corona, running, spicy tuna rolls, being able to put shoes on without hurting my belly
Movement: Healthy. She still prefers to move so I have pressure on one side more than kicking like London did. And she still leaves me alone when I am falling asleep.
Food cravings: Sautéed Mushrooms
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: Nope.
Belly button in or out: out
Wedding rings on or off: Off
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy and anxious
Looking forward to in the next week: Starting Sydney’s stocking!


It seems this pregnancy is flying by. I have my next doctor’s appointment next week on our anniversary, at which time I start going every two weeks until week 36. I also have my blood glucose screening test next week, which means I get to spend two hours of my life at Quest, drink some yucky sugary drink and get pricked 3 times! With London I only had to do the 1 hour test but apparently the 2 hour is more conclusive which prevents more of the 3 hour tests.


We are also under 100 days until Sydney arrives. The office is still not finished so I can’t begin to start on London’s and after we get London in her new room I’ll need to focus on getting things ready for Sydney. I know there are still two full months to go, but I also know my energy levels are going to begin dropping again. The good news is my mom and possibly my dad for a few days will be out in September to help me with London while Cameron is in Canada for a hunting trip. I’ve already warned her that she may be tasked with a few loads of laundry to get ready for Sydney.

My goal had been to have Cameron out of London’s room by the end of July. Not sure that is going to happen as we only have week left in the month, he’s swamped with work and has a trip to Reno planned this weekend, and has sanding, texturing, painting and floor boards, and possibly crown molding still to do. I’d love to have London in her new room at the start of September so she can be well adjusted to her new room before Sydney arrives. Time will tell.


~ Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment