Jun 6, 2012

Baby Bump Wednesdays: 19 weeks


How far along: 19 weeks

What Fruit or Vegetable size is Baby: Mango/Large Heirloom Tomato
Average Size: 6 inches, 8.5 oz.
What’s going on with Baby’s development: Baby’s 5 senses are developing in the brain. Arms and legs are proportional to the rest of the body.
Total weight gain: 13 lbs.
Maternity clothes: Yep
Stretch marks: Loving the Bio Oil
Sleep: Still getting up about once a night and the body pillow is my best friend. I think the extra body heat, while pushing Cameron and Tulley away is attracting Kelsey as she is back to sleeping on my hips!
Best moment of this last week: London’s 2nd Birthday party and seeing the drywall up on the outside of the office.
Miss anything: Wine, Corona, running
Movement: Wasn’t so sure I was feeling anything still, just pressure here and there, until I was lying down on the exam table at the doctor’s office when I felt a few small taps here and there. When the doctor went to go find the heart beat it was in the same area as those kicks! The doctor says I am still 6 weeks away from the more defined kicks.
Food cravings: Reese’s mini Peanut Butter cups, frozen
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Have you started to show yet: Yep.
Gender: Unknown – 1 weeks to go!
Labor signs: Nope.
Belly button in or out: staying steady at half-way out
Wedding rings on or off: engagement ring
Happy or moody most of the time: Been a little moody this week. We’ve had a lot going on.
Looking forward to in the next week: Taking London to the Monterrey Bay Aquarium for the first time, finally and just getting away from it all for a little while. And of course, finding out baby’s gender on June 12th!


We had our monthly appointment with the doctor Monday afternoon. And I could hardly wait for it, as I had been unconvinced that I was feeling the baby at all and was chomping at the bit to hear the heart beat. Hearing that heart beat is the only way I know baby is doing good and I get anxious toward the end of each month until I hear it.

Well, while I was laying on the exam table waiting for the doctor to come in I felt two little pokes, sort of like a small amount of pressure on the lower right side of my belly. Sure enough, that is where the doctor found the oh so strong heart beat! With London I felt the typically described flutters – this kid I just feel random points of pressure which is very different from the flutters. But now that I know I watch for them. I felt a few yesterday at work and then while watching TV last night felt the kid going from the left to right side and back a few times, like it was playing pong in my belly!

The doctor says that I am still a good 6 weeks out from feeling the baby all the time. I think this is also when I’m supposed to count kicks for a few minutes a couple times a day to make sure all is going well.

Anyway, the doctor said all my numbers are great – my blood pressure was spot on, which took me by surprise given all the stress from last week’s events. And next week we get to find out this baby’s gender. I can hardly wait. Cameron is still convinced another little princess is on the way. I’m not so sure, as I had hardly any morning sickness, say 4 days tops, and London caused me so much more grief. But I’ve been known to be wrong – like the fact that I was so sure I wouldn’t get pregnant on the first try this time around. I honestly expected that we would just now be getting pregnant – not be half way through it!

Another little girl would be great. London, I’m sure would love to have a sister to pal around with as they grow up. Plus, we wouldn’t have to make any changes to the nursery and we have all the clothes and toys.

But a little boy would be just a nice. I know London will be able to hold her own with a boy, as she already does with Blake and Evan, her buddies from daycare. And the changes to the nursery wouldn’t have to be huge – just replace the purple with blue and change it to an Under the Ocean theme. I’m so glad the main color is a mint-chocolate chip green for this very reason. And I know Cameron would love a son to go hunting with in the future. Plus, a boy would even us all out. Only time will tell I guess. And that’s if this kid decides to cooperate at the Ultrasound next week. I’ve known a few kids who would not.

So what’s your guess? Boy or Girl?

~ Sarah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment