May 1, 2012

Toddler Tuesdays: Home-Made Pedialyte

A while back London had a day of throwing up – which started when she threw up all over me! I should have known something was up after her nap when she was still very cuddly. The rest of the day she couldn’t keep anything down and eventually we were worried about her dehydrating, given that she was throwing up the juice we offered her as well.


After a quick call to my dad, we ended up making Homemade Pedialyte, that I thought I would share:


4 cups water
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon jello powder mix, any flavor

You wait to even give it to your child until they have not thrown up for over an hour. Then you only give them 1 tablespoon every 5 minutes until you are sure they are keeping it down. London wasn’t too fond of it, but I think that had more to do with the fact that it was at room temperature than anything.


~ Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment