May 16, 2012

Baby Bump Wednesdays: 16 Weeks


How far along: 16 weeks

What Fruit or Vegetable size is Baby: Avocado

Average Size: 4.6 inches, 3.5 oz.

What’s going on with Baby’s development: Bones are forming in baby’s ears which means baby can pick up voices now. Guess we should start talking to it rather than about it. Also, Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to come in and taste buds are forming.

Total weight gain: 9 lbs.

Maternity clothes: Yep

Stretch marks: Not sure if they are new or just old ones being re-stretched, but there a 3 bugging me right now. I don't think my lotion is working even though I don't use it twice a day like directed so I dragged Cameron and London up to Folsom to purchase Bio Oil at Babies R Us last night. Probably could have gotten it at Target but I wanted to look at all the options. If this doesn't work I'm moving on to Maderma. And I will use it twice daily as directed. My greatest hope is to minimize this unfortunate reality of pregnancy (that and not gain too much weight and have a healthy baby : ).

Sleep: Getting up once a night to use the bathroom. I also have to have the body pillow which makes for a crowded bed between Cameron, Tulley, Kelsey, myself and the pillow! At least Kelsey solves the space problem by sleeping on me! You'd think she could at least choose a spot on the cushy pillow.

Best moment of this last week: My dad coming for a visit over the weekend and walking the Race for the Cure with Cameron and London on Saturday morning to celebrate Mother's Day.  

Miss anything: Wine, Corona, and now running - missing amazing weather for good running

Movement: None yet but probably in the next 2 to 4 weeks I will start to feel something.

Food cravings: Watermelon and Magnum Double Caramel Bars (better not eat too many of these or I will gain a TON of weight!)

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!

Have you started to show yet: Yep. I know – I owe pictures. We haven’t even taken one yet. I feel like we’re slacking since the first belly pic with London was taken at 14 weeks.

Gender: Unknown – 4 weeks to go!

Labor signs: Nope.

Belly button in or out: Half-way out

Wedding rings on or off: Just my engagement ring on and good thing – my fingers swelled on the walk on Saturday. I thought I might escape the swelling this time around - guess not. We'll see what this Saturday brings in Napa.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy and starting to feel more energized most of the time.

Looking forward to in the next week: Our annual wine trip even though I won’t be drinking (Napa makes up for it with the scenery as well as the time with friends and my hubby without London as much as I love her), getting Cameron’s office framed (mainly so I can start cleaning all the dust) and finishing the cross-stitch portion of London’s stocking, which will likely happen tonight. Stay tuned!


~ Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment