May 10, 2012

Baby Bump Wednesday - on Thursday

Sorry for the delay - I was never on a computer yesterday between work, errands and demolition still going on in our house. The good news is our home laptop is fixed so I'll be able to start posting pictures with my posts again!

How far along: 15 weeks


What Fruit or Vegetable size is Baby: An Orange


Average Size: 4 inches, 2.5 oz.


What’s going on with Baby’s development: All four limbs have functioning joints and legs are now longer than the arms.


Total weight gain: 9 lbs. The doctor says my weight gain is good and healthy for where I am in the pregnancy so far. I hope to keep the weight gain to a minimum as best I can. Won’t know again until our next appointment June 4.


Maternity clothes: Yep


Stretch marks: No new ones still


Sleep: Getting up once a night to use the restroom. Not supposed to sleep on my back any longer, which is hard at times and the body pillow is a must to keep me from sleeping on my belly – woke up the other night with my tummy hurting cause I’d been sleeping on it!


Best moment of this last week: Getting all the supplies needed to enclose the front room for Cameron’s office! We even took down the drywall under the stairs. Progress is being made.


Miss anything: Wine, Corona


Movement: None yet and probably not for a little while still.


Food cravings: Still watermelon. I also sent Cameron out to Walgreens at 9:15 PM the other night for either vanilla ice cream with chocolate and caramel mixed in or a vanilla bar dipped in chocolate. He found a vanilla ice cream bar dipped in both caramel and chocolate – sooo yummy!


Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!


Have you started to show yet: Yep.


Gender: Unknown – 5 weeks to go!


Labor signs: Nope.


Belly button in or out: Half-way out


Wedding rings on or off: Just my engagement ring on


Happy or moody most of the time: Happy and starting to feel more energized


Looking forward to in the next week: Getting farther on the office renovation and seeing my dad this weekend. Still working on London’s stocking but getting closer to being finished. My ultimate goal is to have it completed by the 20-week ultrasound on June 12.


We saw the doctor again Monday morning. Nothing much to report. The doctor said that I was still within a healthy range for weight gain and was pleased to hear that I was getting my energy back. I measured exactly where I should be for how far along I am and we heard the baby’s strong heart beat, which always puts me at ease after a long time between appointments and before I can feel baby kicking.


Other than that, we just discussed my labor and delivery with London versus expectations with this one being a planned c-section. The doctor said it will definitely be better than last time around given the circumstances. As he said, all they can do is better. He did warn me that I could still shake a bit afterward though likely not to the severity I did with London. He was definitely fine with my request to have a shot of demerol on stand-by if I need it – last time I needed it and it took the nurse WAAAAY TOOO LOOOONG to get it for me so I could relax, and more importantly, breathe!


Our next appoint with the OB is June 4th and we also received paperwork for the 20-week Ultrasound, which is now scheduled for June 12th. This is when we get to learn the gender of this kiddo and will be able to start calling it something other than “it” or “baby”. Can hardly wait!


~ Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment