Apr 5, 2012

An Unexpected extra 30 minutes of Sleep

Thanks to the man that decided to take this crane for a reckless joyride last night, I got to sleep in an extra 30 minutes this morning. According to the article on KCRA.com some guy stole the crane and while trying to evade police, took down some power poles, around 1 AM.

Cameron and I both woke up to the electricity going out - the fan in our room had stopped and the router in his office was beeping. As I looked out the window, I could see that all of Anatolia and the neighborhood south of it was without electricity as well. Cameron got his phone, reported that it was about 1:30 AM and set an alarm for me at 6, the time I normally get up. I also remember waking up when it was still dark as the electricity came back on. And then I woke up and it was starting to get light outside.

At this point I knew either Cameron's alarm didn't go off or it had been set wrong. A quick look on my cell phone, after retrieving it from downstairs showed it was 6:24 AM. Oh well. I got ready at more normal pace and accepted that I'd be late to work. Cameron would discover he set the alarm for 6 PM - not AM. He helped by getting London up and ready and then ended up taking her into daycare for me so I could save another 10 minutes or so. I ended up getting to work 5 minutes past more usual time, and at which time I saw the article that told me why our power had gone out.

Had this happened a few nights before when we had rain and wind storms, we wouldn't have thought anything of this. But it was a clear and calm night last night, so we did find it strange and wondered why the power was out. To be honest, I enjoyed my extra 24 minutes and wasn't too thrown off by the delay. I noticed a neighbor of ours who often leaves just before I do that he was running late as well.

No biggee, just kind of funny to me and thought I'd share.

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment