Apr 18, 2012

Baby Update Wednesday: 12 Weeks

I found a similar Baby Q&A like the one below on a blog I follow and I thought it would be fun to do something similar on our blog here to document the pending arrival of Cameron's and my second child. Hope you enjoy it too!

How far along: 12 weeks


What Fruit or Vegetable size is Baby: Plum

Baby's Average Size: 2.1 inches, .49 oz.

What’s going on with Baby's development: The baby is going into the growth and maturation stage where organs and tissues will grow and develop and the baby is developing reflexes. The baby is also opening and closing fingers and curling  toes.

Total weight gain: still only 3 lbs

Maternity clothes: Bebands (Belly bands) and maternity shirts – avoiding m,aternity pants for now, though they are ready on standby.

Stretch marks: None  from this kid yet but probably need to get the belly butter to combat any early.
Sleep: Getting up one to two times a night to use the bathroom. Enjoying the last month I technically can sleep on my back and do need a body pillow on occasion already.
Best moment of this last week: Not much – was sick with a head cold and because of baby could not take anything more than tylenol to ease the symptoms. Slept a lot.
Miss anything: My energy, wine and running

Movement: None yet and probably not for a little while still.
Food cravings: Watermelon and raspberry-flavored tea, gummy worms, rice with soy sauce

Anything making you queasy or sick: Just the allergy/sinus headaches I have been experiencing

Have you started to show yet: yep – waaay earlier than with London
Gender: still unknown – 8 weeks to go until we can find out

Labor signs: None and better not have any – this kid is a planned C-section the week of Oct. 22 right now.
Belly button in or out: In but its working its way out – already!

Wedding rings on or off: Engagement ring on, wedding band off - it was a little tight on the knuckle recently and I didn't want to fight putting it back on that morning. Will keep engagement ring on for as long as possible - we'll see how much I swell when summer's heat arrives.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy mostly though I have my moody moments
Looking forward to in the next week: Getting some good sleep if my cough ever goes away

No comments:

Post a Comment