Feb 17, 2012

Cocktail Friday: Deep Blue Ocean


This Week's Cocktail is a little on the sweet side. There is a variation I will by trying soon, but if you're in the mood for something tropical, this is perfect. The recipe was originally called Purple Rain but when I made it last week, it came out more blue, thus the name change.

This is probably because I changed the recipe some as it called for two parts grenadine and no cranberry juice, but that sounded too sweet to me. Also, one recipe equals about one pint but due to the sweetness you may choose to split it into two, and thus only need to make the recipe once to serve two - just use a boiler glass instead of a pint glass.

Also, when I added more lime juice, the less sweet, and better it tasted to me.

And now, the recipe:

Deep Blue Ocean

Ingredients/Directions:
1 part Vodka
2 parts Blue Curacao
1 part grenadine
1 part cranberry juice
2 parts pineapple juice
A Dash of Lime Juice
Lime Wedge for Garnish

Mix all ingredients over ice in a shaker. Pour over ice in a glass and garnish with a lime wedge.

Serves 1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment