Mar 19, 2011

Our Little Pin-up Girl


It all started with a dress. A dress my mother had worn. A dress I had worn. A dress I still had. And a dress I wanted a picture of London wearing. Not just any picture, but a professionally done photograph.


I’d meant to take London for this photo shoot when she was 6 months old. By the time she was 8 months old, I was under the gun, as I knew the dress would not fit her much longer. It was getting a little on the short-side already with her long legs.


So the Friday before London happen to come down with the flu, Cameron and I packed her up, with the dress safe on a hanger and headed to Kiddie Kandids at Babies R Us in Folsom.


We arrived just as another family was finishing up a first birthday photo shoot. Perfect timing. London did fantastic, smiling up a storm and striking the poses. At 8 months she already knew to smile when she sees a camera and knows how to “smize”.


The photographer was having so much fun with her, she asked if we wanted to do some pictures and backgrounds as well as use some props. When we saw the old-fashioned washing tub and rubber ducky, we couldn't resist. Perfect for a little girl who loves bath time.


Really, she does. Put her on the floor of her bedroom with the door open and she makes a beeline for the bathroom, straight for the bathtub. We have to watch her closely to make sure she doesn’t tip over the edge and fall in to an empty tub.


In the end we got the shot I wanted and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment