Jan 5, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions, but this year, I'm changing course and setting a few goals for myself. Nothing big, minus the typical - get healthy and lose weight. Cameron is joining me in this one and we are now more motivated than ever given the idea of being among friends in bathing suits in April.

Our friends Nicole and Aaron are getting married and have invited guests to join them on their honeymoon in Mexico after getting hitched in Vegas. Cameron and I haven't taken a real vacation since our honeymoon to London in March/April 2009! This does mean we'd be postponing our plans to go to Disneyland for my 30th/London's first birthdays. We'll wait until she's a little older for that trip. I'll just have to celebrate my 30th a month early :).

In an effort to get going on this resolution, Cameron has just left for the gym with his new iPod Shuffle, a Christmas present from me. Yesterday, I headed to Fleet Feet to get fitted for a new pair of running shoes and begin training for a half marathon with SacFit on Saturday. While at the gym, I'm having Cameron check into the daycare there to see if its something we can take advantage of with London so we can both go to the gym sometimes. We're also either freezing or throwing out all the sweets the holidays have left us with and focusing on eating more healthy options.

Other resolutions I have:
Finish decorating our family room. All it needs is an entertainment unit and some throw pillows, really.

Continuing on the decorating theme, I'd also like to get all our bathrooms decorated this year. Both the powder room and London's bathroom are pretty much finished, just need some painting really and some mirror framing. And even our bathroom is well on its way. I figured I'd start with the smallest rooms of the house and then next year we'll get on with the rest of it.

For London, I want to start and stay up to date on her baby book. A $20 gift card to Shutterfly from pictures with Santa will help get us started on the prints.

I also need to finish cross-stitching and putting together her stocking. Almost there. Problem is, I can work on it only so much before my shoulder begins to hurt, so with the holidays behind us, I pick it up only when the mood strikes.

Last, I want to get caught up on my magazine pile. I subscribe to six magazines, five of which are monthly and one quarterly. Three of these subscriptions are relatively new, and one I've been able to stay on top of over the last year. The other two, not so much - I have some monthly issues from 2008! Now, I don't just read and toss my magazines out either; I pull out pages with interesting facts and crafts, recipes and beauty tips. Right now those pages are filling a filing box. I have folders waiting to organize these piles, but right now I'm so busy catching up on the magazines I don't have time to organize the pages I pull. This year the idea is just to get caught up on the magazines. I'll save 2012 for getting the pull outs organized. Good thing I have almost a full year right now.

I'll revisit these resolutions in December and let you know how I did.

Until next time, with love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment