Jan 17, 2011

London's Adventures



It seems every time we turn around, London is up to something new. Back in December, she sat up without the support of an arm, once. Rarely, did I see her do it again, although my dad loved the way London sat with the support of one arm. In the last month all London seems to be doing is sitting up unsupported by arms. It's so cute when she sits up playing with her toys. A corner of our family room has been transformed into her "play" room. Of course, by the end of the day several toys are strewn across the entire room, along with some in our bedroom!

London has also mastered coffee table walking and has even figured out how to transition from the coffee table to the ottoman without going back down to her hands and knees (all she has to do is hold onto the coffee table with one arm, pivot and reach for the ottoman). We've had to clear the coffee table of everything and we have to watch where we leave the TV remotes as London really wants to get her hands on these, and sometimes she does. Just this morning she managed to get off the input for the TV and on to one with no connection so all we were watching was TV snow.

And while I haven't witnessed this yet, our neighbor Lauren and Cameron say they have seen her stand on two feet without holding onto anything, briefly. My guess is she'll start doing this all the time within the next two weeks. Before we know it she'll be taking those first steps.

The solid foods adventure is slow going. She is still not too interested in it and doesn't eat too much ever. Hopefully as she gets a little older this will change.

This week also marked my going back to work. I'm currently a temp worker for Holt of California, helping them spruce up their web site. The work keeps me busy and is exciting as I'm learning new skills each day and learning about a new industry, but its a little lonely. I'm in a cold room at the back of the building, all by myself and have very little interaction with any one other than my supervisor and the guy that used to do this job. Hopefully this changes in the next week as the current project advances and I need more input from other people.

I'm set up to work 3 days a week, Tuesday thru Thursday. London spends these days two doors down with our neighbor Lauren and her husband Woodrow, when he gets home. Lauren absolutely adores London and vice verse. Its so nice to just walk her over in the morning before I leave or have Cameron take her over when she wakes up in the morning and have a quick trip to pick her up when we get home. She seemed to do ok this week, my guess being that its more of an adjustment getting up earlier than being away from me. But it was heartwarming when Cameron and I went to pick her up yesterday. Cameron picked her up as soon as we walked through the door. As soon as London saw me she reached for me and clung to me for a good 10 minutes before deciding she wanted back down to crawl. I guess she does miss me some.

Until next time, with love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment