Jul 15, 2009

July 4th

Cameron and I spent the July 4th holiday in Lander, Wyoming. Cameron was getting introduced to the rest of my mom's family, as the Jensens were getting together for a family reunion. This many of us haven't gotten together since my grandmother passed away in December 2004.

We arrived early July 2 in Salt Lake City. We then waited 2 hours in the baggage claim waiting for my parents to arrive. For some reason we thought they were coming in 10 minutes after us. Nope, that was our flights home. Once we secured the rental car onward to Lander - a 5 hour drive that took us 6 1/2 due to potty breaks, food breaks and road construction where the road became dirt.

Most of the family showed up Friday afternoon. Cameron, my dad, Uncle Chris and cousin Adam spent that day golfing, while my mom and I helped my Aunt Cynde prepare for the masses. Cameron and I stayed up late chatting with my cousin Brenda and her friends that came to see her, Laurie and T, who drove out from Modesto.

Of course, Saturday morning, and the 4th of July Lander parade came quickly. We met the family up on the roof top patio of Tony's Pizza on Main street. Perfect for watching the parade and launching water balloons. Just not a family reunion without them. After the parade, Cameron and I grabbed a quick lunch and a nap before the big family dinner and photos.

Sunday some family began to leave. Cameron and my dad played another round of golf with Chris and Adam, while those who weren't hitting the road just yet headed up to the Sinks. This is where the river disappears into a mountain and trickles through it before showing up on the other side, known as the Rise. The rise is also where huge Trout gather and kids can feed after puchasing a handful of fish food.

All in all it was a great trip, catching up with family and introducing Cameron to them. We don't get together often being that there are so many of us, but its a fun time when we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment