Jun 10, 2009

10 Year High School Reunion




This past Saturday was my high school 10 year reunion. I can't believe its been 10 years, and then again I can. So much has changed from those days. It was wonderful to see the people that used to be so much a part of my every day life and to reconnect on some level. Most of us are married or engaged, some with kids. And it was great to meet those families and have them meet mine.

Cameron and I started the day earlier, heading up to Marysville to visit Grandma Betty. Before long we had to finish our journey, as I had a hair appointment with my long-time hairstylist, Martin. From there our plans fell through and we found ourselves with 3 hours before dinner with my old friends. So we did what only we could do - we headed to Sierra Nevada for a beer. Cameron got to try the new Harvest Ale, which is made from the hops grown on the Brewery property. I enjoyed a Crystal wheat.

We also got to catch up with Sara's parents Gwyneth and Alan. We hadn't seen them since Christmas so it was a nice visit but too short. I still can't believe their crazy dog Maggie is still trotting around - she's 16! She's definitely not as crazy as she once was.

Saturday ended late. We went to the bars after the reunion ended to get in just a little more time in with old friends. In other news, we found out last Friday that we are about 8 weeks from our house being completed! That means we may be moving in early August. How fun would it be for us to get our keys on our 1 year Anniversary! We'll see. Still have a lot of packing to do. Luckily I have another week off in July and my mom is coming that month as well and has said she can help a little too.

No comments:

Post a Comment