Mar 10, 2009

Hello From The Bay

Hello all! I'm taking a break from work right now as I wanted to update you on my adventures from over the weekend. Things went as planned, for the most part. I did make it to the gym both Saturday and Sunday, walking incline intervals on the treadmill for an hour each trip. It felt great! Plus I went first thing both days which helped control my hunger each day - I am still feeling a decrease in appetite thanks to my long walks!

On Saturday, after the gym, I cleaned up and went out shopping while Cameron was in Davis jumping out of perfectly good airplanes for fun. I had a very successful trip to Old Navy, finding two pairs of work pants and a pair of jeans that will come in handy for London. I figured while I was shopping for clothes for work this week, I might as well look for some fun stuff to wear in London. I also found some fun brightly colored tops for both work and London. From there I headed to Target wear I found a few new clothes items, a cute new purse and a bin to store all my skinny clothes. It felt like ages since I have had a good shopping trip like this.

When I got home is when I got very industrious and took om the project of tackling my closet.

I went through every single piece of fabric I own in there (along with purses and belts), tried everything on and placed it (well, tossed or threw it are better ways to describe my actions) in one of four piles - keep in closet, store until I lose 10 pounds, trash, and donate. My store and donate piles were definitely the largest of the piles. I only had a few items so ratty that they had to be tossed and some old shirts were moved to the work out or sleep in only sections. Yes, I am that organized with my clothes and closet. It does look a bit bare now, but I feel good about my donation pile and I look forward to being reunited with the clothes I stored away once I lose some weight. Mom and Dad, you will be proud, I finally removed my ratty and holey Minnesota U sweatshirt. I didn't throw it away though - I'll probably save it for a quilt someday of all my memoriable clothes that needed to be retired. I think I wore this old sweatshirt of my dad's every day of junior high and I used to wear it on occassion to snuggle up in in front of the TV.

Next weekend I'll work on recording all the items within the donation pile and folding the items into boxes for easy transportation. Once I am home I'll take some pictures to show you just how empty my closet it, how many clothes have been stored and the size of the donation pile in its current state. I even got rid of enough clothes that Cameron has sole ownership of the dresser -up until Saturday, I had one drawer filled with tank tops.

Now to just keep the working out going. Luckily, Alyssa belongs to 24 Hour Fitness as well and is interested in going with me so we're going to try going tonight.

Toodles,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment