Feb 18, 2009

Tucson: Day 1

As mentioned, I recently made a trip to Tucson to visit my parents. It was wonderful, mainly just because it was so nice to see my parents. I arrived on a Wednesday night, and still had to work Thursday and Friday. Luckily I was able to arrange it so I only had a few hours work to do each morning and was able to go out and about with every one in the afternoon. And when I say every one, I don't just mean my parents. Not only was I visiting, but my Aunt Raelene and Uncle Joe were in town and my Aunt Laurinda and her friend Dorothy would return from their Arizona travels Saturday. My dad had to work Thursday and Friday, too, so we didn’t venture too far during those afternoons.

Thursday afternoon we went in search of one of the local farmer’s market. What we found was not what we have come accustomed to in with Chico’s farmer’s markets. It basically was just a small gathering of various local vendors, six vendors tops, in an old parking lot. We did come upon a very nice lady selling honey who told us the true farmer’s market to shop at is on Sundays. We did purchase a delicious jar of honey from her. That night we enjoyed a beautiful sunset against the incoming clouds. Here are some of the pics I took.
These photos don't even do that evening's show justice. Stay tuned for what happened during the rest of my trip.

Tootles,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment