Jan 20, 2009

It’s been A While…

Sorry for the long absence. Between the holidays and getting back to work, time has just not been on my side, and updating this blog has been on the back burner. Everything is now getting back to the old rhythm of life and I am finally able to get back to my creative writing via this blog.

We spent Christmas with our families this year, which meant a bit of running around between Chico, Biggs and Marysville. And this was after we spent the 23rd partying with friends late into the night to celebrate one of Cameron’s fraternity brother’s belated 30th birthday. This made getting up on both Christmas Eve and Christmas day difficult. Christmas Day ended with my parents and their cat Mocha coming to stay the night. We were their first stop on the long trek down to Tucson. They have since settled in, my dad has started his new job, and they already have a constant stream of visitors. Can’t blame any of my family in the Midwest wanting to visit them right now – Snow and minus 40 degrees versus Sun and 80 degrees isn’t too hard to choose between. I’m headed down there February 4 and am looking forward to some quality time with my parents. We didn’t get too much together-time over the holidays.

We rang in the New Year with a bunch of our friends over at Matt & Lynde’s house. And starting on New Year’s Day, Cameron and I started our annual tradition of watching all three Lord of The Rings Movies, the extended editions. We’ve been doing this for 3 years now and can’t wait until we can add the 2 upcoming Hobit movies to the mix. It takes us between 2-3 days to get through the 3 movies now. We basically don’t leave the house, lounge in our PJs and sweats the whole time and each comfort foods we have stored up on for the marathon.

I finally got my ring back on January 10th. Thankfully I had it ensured, so my insurance covered it with no deductible and they are going to go after the owners of the attack dog, since we were never contacted by them.

Other than that I’ve just been trying to get organized, most recently going through all my papers and files, pulling them together and shredding anything necessary. Jake thought he’d help out one night:



And now I leave you with Christmas photos of our Kids:

Melody was a little difficult to pose

Kelsey & Jake loved to drink the tree's water

And sleep under it

And Jake couldn't help but notice the wine Lynde placed under our tree


Love Always,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment